Chora 826-D is a loudspeaker equipped with a specific speaker driver that reproduces Dolby Atmos® effects: for ultra-realistic 3D soundtracks and total immersion in the films you watch. Positioned on the top of the loudspeaker, this full-range speaker driver directs the sound towards the ceiling to reflect it back to the listener.
Action scenes in the air, pouring rain or a rolling thunder are all brought to life. At the same time, its directional baffle allows you to locate the sounds effects as though you had loudspeakers in the ceiling! Imagine a scene in a house: you hear conversations, but also the noise of cutlery, of footsteps… all of these spatialised in three dimensions as though you were actually there!
Combining French manufacturing and design, this product also incorporates exclusive Focal technologies, particularly the Slatefiber cone of the midrange and bass speaker drivers or the Aluminium/Magnesium TNF tweeter for greater treble clarity.
For example, combined with the Chora Surround and Chora Center speakers, or the Chora Center and Chora 806 speakers, Chora 826-D guarantees a sensational system.
THE TNF TWEETER
A Focal exclusive and made in France in our workshops from an Aluminium/Magnesium alloy, this tweeter offers many benefits, particularly in sound spatialisation. With this tweeter, there is no shortage of sound harmony and precision.
THE SLATEFIBER CONE
Also made in France in Focal’s workshops, it is characterised by a rich, dynamic and balanced sound, particularly in the midranges, as well as a stunning aesthetic thanks to its “slate” effect. It is the fruit of several years of R&D: the engineers have mixed ultra-lightweight recycled non-woven carbon fibres –a first in the world of audio– with thermoplastic polymer. The combination of these materials offers excellent acoustic performance.
- Type: 3-way bass-reflex floorstanding loudspeaker.
- Speaker drivers: 2×61/2″ (16.5cm) Slatefiber Woofer 61/2″ (16.5cm) Slatefiber Midrange 1″ (25mm) TNF Al/Mg inverted dome tweeter.
- Sensitivity (2,83V/1m): 91dB
- Frequency response (±3 dB): 48Hz-28kHz
- Low frequency point (-6 dB): 39Hz
- Nominal impedance: 8Ω
- Minimum impedance: 2.9Ω
- Recommanded amplifier power: 40/250W
- Crossover frequency: 270Hz – 2,700Hz
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 417/16″x1115/16×151/4 (105,3cmx30,3×38,8cm)
- Net weight (with grille): 48.5lbs (22.2kg)
- Packaging dimensions (HxWxD): 441/2″x133/8×187/8 (113x34x48cm)
- Net weight (with packaging): 59.5lbs (27kg)