Premium full-sized casing
- Standard 43 cm design fits perfectly into your audio/video rack.
- Dual R-Type power transformers with totally separated power for digital and analog circuits to minimize interference and ensure outstanding video and audio quality.
Hi-End audiophile DAC
- ESS flagship SABRE PRO Hi-End DAC (ES9038PRO) with the industry’s highest dynamic range of 140dB and extremely low distortion for outstanding sound quality. The built-in XMOS XU216 audio processor provides bit-perfect digital audio processing with original sample rate preservation, reclocking, ultra-low jitter. You can play music in the most advanced DSD format in “Direct DSD” mode, as well as in various lossless formats, including FLAC / PCM up to 384 kHz.
Hi-Fi analog audio outputs
- High-quality RCA connectors and professional balanced XLR connectors.
- Headphone output on the front panel with built-in high-quality headphone amplifier connected directly to ESS SABRE PRO DAC.
Hi-End hardware design
- High-speed Schottky diodes in power rectifiers, low-noise voltage stabilizers in digital and analog audio circuits, dual Bipolar/JFET operational amplifiers.
Hi-End components from famous vendors
- NEUTRIK (Germany), Vishay Roederstein (Germany), WIMA (Germany), Nichicon (Japan).
Big OLED display
- Big matrix OLED display on the front panel displays current time, playback position, currently played song, and supports navigation through the menus of the media player even when the TV is switched off.
Two HDD racks
- Front panel hot-swap HDD rack can be used to easily and quickly insert and exchange 3.5″ SATA HDDs. Rear panel HDD slot can be used to install 3.5″ or 2.5″ HDD or SSD.
Advanced silent cooling
- The media player has a silent cooling system based on 120mm Hi-End ultra-low-noise fan from Noctua.
RTD1619DR media processor
- The newest RTD1619DR media processor is the most advanced and the most powerful media processor from Realtek with Dolby Vision support.
Two HDMI output ports
- The additional HDMI output port allows getting the best picture and audio quality in various scenarios, for example, when using a 4K/HDR TV and an A/V receiver without 4K/HDR support.
Dolby Vision and HDR10+
- The media player supports not only HDR technology (supported by the previous generation of media players), but also the most latest and advanced Dolby Vision and HDR10+ technologies. In conventional HDR technology, the brightness range is set at the beginning of the film and does not change during the film, so completely dark and completely bright scenes may have insufficient detail. In the latest Dolby Vision and HDR10+ technologies, the brightness range can vary from frame to frame, so the maximum picture detail is provided even in scenes that contain only dark or only light elements.
Dolby Vision VS10 video processor
- The advanced Dolby Vision VS10 video processing engine ensures maximum image quality when playing any type of content (SDR, HDR, Dolby Vision) with any type of video output signal (SDR, HDR, Dolby Vision), improves the SDR/HDR/Dolby Vision conversion quality, minimizes the effect of “posterization” (“banding”) due to more advanced 12-bit video processing. This gives benefits even when using the media player with older TVs that do not support Dolby Vision.
Playback of Dolby Vision Blu-ray images
- The media player supports direct playback of full Blu-ray disc images (BMDV and ISO) in Dolby Vision format (MEL and FEL), even when using full Blu-ray menu. The extended Dolby Vision information is used and transmitted to the TV to improve the picture quality. This is possible due to the unique video playback and output engine created by Dune HD. Other RTD1619DR-based media players do not support this. Dune HD media players are the only hybrid network media players in the world that combine support for Dolby Vision Blu-ray disc images with support for Internet video services and Android applications in one device.
Widest support for Dolby Vision file formats
- Dolby Vision is supported for all popular file formats (BDMV, BD ISO, MKV, MP4, TS, M2TS). All popular Dolby Vision profiles (P4, P5, P7 MEL and FEL, P8) are supported. The media player supports the largest number of variations of Dolby Vision file formats of any other media player.
Dune HD Dolby Vision Purifier
- This technology, unique to Dune HD media players, optimizes Dolby Vision files on the fly for maximum compatibility with the Realtek RTD1619DR media processor. This helps to ensure the most stable playback, including incorrectly encoded files (which often cause freezes, stuttering, sound out of sync on other media players).
VP9 profile 2 and YouTube 4K HDR support
- The media player supports not only the old VP9 video codec (which does not support HDR), but also the newest VP9 profile 2, which supports HDR and which is used in YouTube for 4K HDR content.
+77% faster CPU
- The media player has a 6-core ARM A55 CPU – which is +77% faster than 4-core ARM A53 used in the previous generation media players.
+50% faster GPU
- The media player has the new GPU Mali-G51 – which is +50% faster than Mali T-820 used in the previous generation media players.
4 GB RAM
- This is 2x more than in the previous generation media players, and gives better performance for the most heavy apps.
32 GB flash
- This is 2x more than in the previous generation media players, and gives more space for the most heavy apps and internal storage.
- For Android applications, the media player uses a modern Android version 9.0. This provides improved support for the newest Android apps.
- 3 external antennas (two antennas for Wi-Fi 2T2R + one separate antenna for Bluetooth) improve the performance of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- The media player uses the new Bluetooth version 5.0 (the previous generation media players were using version 4.x).
Media processor: Realtek RTD1619DR
Operating memory: 4 GB
Flash memory: 32 GB
Wi-Fi: Dual Band 2.4+5 GHz 802.11b/g/n/ac 2T2R, two external Wi-Fi antennas
Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, separate external Bluetooth antenna
Cooling: 120mm Hi-End ultra-low-noise fan from Noctua for efficient silent cooling
Front panel display: matrix OLED display
Power supply: dual R-Type power transformers with totally separated power for digital and analog circuits
Power: AC ~220-240/110-120V, 50/60Hz
Dimensions (W x H x D): 430x100x350 mm
OS: Linux-based Dune HD OS + Android 9.0
Media sources: internal HDDs (SATA), external HDDs (USB), USB devices (USB flash drive, USB card reader, etc), external optical disc drives (USB), PC and NAS in local network (SMB, NFS, UPnP/DLNA, HTTP), other Internet and local network media sources
3.5″ SATA HDD rack: install 3.5″ SATA HDD directly into the media player
3.5″/2.5″ SATA HDD/SSD slot: install 3.5″ or 2.5″ SATA HDD or SSD
1x USB Type-C host: connect the most modern USB Type-C storage devices
1x USB 3.1 host: enjoy the great performance of USB 3.1
3x USB 2.0 host: conveniently connect USB HDDs, USB flash drives, USB card readers, USB DVD/BD drives, USB hubs and other USB devices
HDMI 2.0b output: output any video signal up to the most modern 4Kp60 HDR
2nd audio-only HDMI output: output audio separately via the second HDMI output when needed (e.g. when using legacy HDMI Hi-End audio equipment w/o 4K HDR support)
Hi-Fi RCA analog stereo audio: output Hi-Fi audio from the built-in DAC using high-quality RCA connectors
Hi-Fi XLR balanced analog stereo audio: output Hi-Fi audio from the built-in DAC using professional balanced XLR connectors
Hi-Fi 6.35mm headphone audio output: output Hi-Fi audio from the built-in DAC using built-in microphone amplifier
Hi-Fi coaxial S/PDIF audio output: output Hi-Fi digital audio (stereo PCM) using high-quality S/PDIF connector (also with ultra-low jitter and reclocking due to the XMOS XU216 audio processor)
Coaxial S/PDIF input: connect external digital audio sources via coaxial S/PDIF and use your media player as an audio DAC.
Optical S/PDIF input: connect external digital audio sources via optical S/PDIF and use your media player as an audio DAC.
RCA composite video + RCA analog stereo audio: connect to any A/V equipment
Coaxial S/PDIF and Optical S/PDIF: output digital audio to A/V receiver or external DAC via S/PDIF
Ethernet 10/100/1000 Mbit/s: ensure the best performance when connecting to your local network via cable
HDMI 2.0 input: connect an external HDMI source and display it fullscreen or picture-in-picture (non-protected video w/o HDCP, PCM audio)
IR input: connect an IR extender for improved player installation flexibility
Power input: AC ~220-240/110-120V, 50/60Hz
4K Dolby Vision & HDR10+ video playback: decode 4K video content in various popular formats including H.265 10-bit and VP9 profile 2 up to 4Kp60 HDR, HDR10+ and Dolby Vision
4K Dolby Vision & HDR10+ video output: output 4K content up to 4Kp60 HDR, HDR10+ and Dolby Vision with pixel-to-pixel precision to 4K TV
HEVC: play video encoded using the latest H.265 codec. 2x picture quality increase over H.264
VP9 profile 2: play YouTube 4K HDR content
10-bit color encoding: play video encoded using the latest standards, with support for 1 billion of colors
HDR: play video in the newest HDR (High Dynamic Range) format. Superb picture contrast and details
HDR10+: the most latest and advanced HDR technology from Samsung. More details in bright and dark scenes
Dolby Vision: the most latest and advanced HDR technology from Dolby. More details in bright and dark scenes and best possible picture quality
Dolby Vision VS10 engine: advanced Dolby Vision VS10 engine for best possible processing of SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision content
Standard Dolby Vision output: output standard Dolby Vision signal for full Dolby Vision processing on TV side (TV-Led Dolby Vision)
Low Latency Dolby Vision output: output Dolby Vision signal in the modern LLDV format (Player-Led Dolby Vision)
Video output framerate: automatic (according to the played content) and manual; 23.976 Hz support
Auto framerate: output video with original framerate to ensure absolute smooth playback for all kinds of content
Auto resolution: output video with original resolution for best picture via Hi-End external video processing
True 24p output: ensure perfectly smooth playback of Hollywood movies due to full support for 23.976 framerate
Flicker-free auto framerate/resolution switching: HDMI video mode switching exactly before playback start, not after
Professional-grade controls for video output parameters: detailed configuration of HDMI chroma subsampling modes
Best-in-class support for movie ISO/folder structures: support for 4K, 3D, HD audio, smooth playback of movies with complicated structure
Advanced media player: play video in MKV and other modern video file formats, including top quality 4K and HD with very high bit rates (100 Mbit/s+)
Video file formats: MKV, MPEG-TS, MPEG-PS, M2TS, VOB, AVI, MOV, MP4, QT, ASF, WMV, ISO, folders
Video codecs: MPEG2, MPEG4, XVID, WMV9, VC1, H.264, H.265, H.265 10-bit, VP9, VP9 profile 2; support for very high bitrate video up to 100 Mbit/s and higher
Video upscaling: high-quality upscaling of SD video content to 4K, Full HD 1080p and other HD resolutions
3D video: play all popular 3D video formats, including MVC, Side-by-Side, Top-and-Bottom
HLS: ensure the best quality of Internet video using Apple HLS adaptive bitrate streaming protocol
DASH: get access to the newest Internet video services using MPEG-DASH adaptive bitrate streaming protocol
HD audio: output HD audio to your A/V receiver
Hi-End music: play music files in various Hi-End audio formats: 192/24, FLAC, Monkey’s Audio APE, WAV/PCM, Super Audio CD (stereo and multichannel), etc
Super Audio CD: play top quality SACD music files in various formats (stereo and multichannel)
Audio codecs: MPEG-1/2 layer I/II/III, AAC, LPCM, FLAC, multichannel FLAC, Vorbis, WavPack, APE (Monkey’s Audio), ALAC (Apple lossless), SACD DSD (stereo), AC3, DTS
Audio file formats: MP3, MPA, M4A, AAC, WAV, FLAC, Ogg/Vorbis, WavPack, APE (Monkey’s Audio), ALAC (Apple lossless), SACD ISO, SACD DSF, SACD DFF, AC3, DTS, DTS-WAV
Subtitle formats: SRT (external), SUB (MicroDVD) (external), text (MKV), SSA/ASS (MKV, external), VobSub (MP4, MKV, external SUB/IDX), PGS (ISO, TS, MKV)
Online subtitles: Automatically download subtitles from Internet
Picture file formats: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
Photo viewer functions: slideshow, transition effects, picture rotation, zoom, browse playlist, repeat, shuffle
Playlist file formats: M3U, PLS, CUE
Filesystems: FAT16/FAT32 (read-write), EXT2/EXT3/EXT4 (read-write), NTFS (read-write), exFAT (read-write), HFS/HFS+ (Mac OS Standard/Extended) (read-only), BTRFS (read-write)
Widevine Level 1 DRM: enjoy premium online video services with High Definition video quality
Smart Home and Home Automation
IP control: integrate the media player with various Home Automation systems via network
Control4: integrate seamlessly into Smart Home installations based on Control4 technology via ready-to-use Control4 driver
Crestron: integrate seamlessly into Smart Home installations based on Crestron technology via ready-to-use Crestron driver
iOS and Android mobile apps: control the media player via the powerful Dune Control mobile application
Dune HD Ultra Vision 4K x1
Dune HD Premium IR Remote x1
Dune HD BT AirMouse Remote x1 (model R0 in old batches / model R3 in new batches)
Wi-Fi antennas x2
Bluetooth antenna x1
Batteries AAA x4
PC power cord EU plug x1
PC power cord US plug x1
HDMI cable x1
IR extender x1
Quick installation guide x1
19″ rack mounting brackets x2
Set of screws for 19″ rack mounting brackets x1
Set of screws for installing 3.5″ HDD into rear HDD slot x1
Set of screws for installing 2.5″ HDD into rear HDD slot x1